What is elder law?
Elder law covers all aspects of planning, recommending, educating, and supporting for clients. Elder law involves planning for aging, illness, and incapacity. Mathewson Law P.C. is the perfect fit if you fall under this category because we understand your needs may extend beyond legal services. We provide the confidence and trust you need for making big legal decisions.
Some issues that fall under elder law:
- Health and personal care planning, such as powers of attorney and living wills
- Lifetime planning
- Financial representation and planning
- Planning for a well spouse when the other spouse requires long term care
- Asset protection
- Public benefits such as Medicaid and insurance or Veterans’ benefits
- Guardianship and guardianship avoidance
- Resident rights in long term care facilities and nursing home claims
- Employment and retirement matters
- Age or disability discrimination
- Grandparents’ rights
- Will and trust planning
- Planning for minor or adult special needs children